MWAA Center - Inventory Element
This elements represents the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority that provides parking information and road congestion information at airports. This element manages construction, toll collection and airport parking in the airport.
Stakeholder: Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
Systems Interconnected with MWAA Center
- Dulles Toll Road
- HOT Operations Center
- MWAA Center Field Equipment
- National Capital Region 511
- NRO Local Transit Centers
- VDOT Arlington SSP Vehicles
- VDOT NRO MPSTOC - Signal Center
- VDOT NRO MPSTOC - TOC
- VDOT Video Clearinghouses
- VSP Center - MPSTOC
Information Flow Diagrams which include MWAA Center:
- MWAA Center Dulles Toll Road
- MWAA Center HOT Operations Center
- MWAA Center MWAA Center Field Equipment
- MWAA Center National Capital Region 511
- MWAA Center NRO Local Transit Centers
- MWAA Center VDOT Arlington SSP Vehicles
- MWAA Center VDOT NRO MPSTOC - Signal Center
- MWAA Center VDOT NRO MPSTOC - TOC
- MWAA Center VDOT Video Clearinghouses
- MWAA Center VSP Center - MPSTOC
- MWAA Center WAWAS
Information Flows to/from MWAA Center:MWAA Center Dulles Toll Road
National ITS Architecture Subsystems mapped to MWAA Center:
- Emergency Management Subsystem
- Fleet and Freight Management Subsystem
- Information Service Provider Subsystem
- Parking Management Subsystem
- Traffic Management Subsystem
- Transit Management Subsystem
National ITS Architecture Market Packages associated with MWAA Center:
- ATMS01 - Network Surveillance - MWAA Center -- (Graphic)
- ATMS04 - Freeway Control - MWAA Center -- (Graphic)
- EM05 - Region-wide Transportation Infrastructure Protection -- (Graphic)
National ITS Architecture Functional Requirements associated with MWAA Center:Center Secure Area Surveillance
- The center shall remotely monitor video images and audio surveillance data collected in traveler secure areas, which include transit stations, transit stops, rest areas, park and ride lots, and other fixed sites along travel routes (e.g., emergency pull-off areas and travel information centers). The data may be raw or pre-processed in the field.
- The center shall exchange surveillance data with other emergency centers.
- The center shall identify potential security threats based on collected security surveillance data.
- The center shall remotely control security surveillance devices in traveler secure areas, which include transit stations, transit stops, rest areas, park and ride lots, and other fixed sites along travel routes (e.g., emergency pull-off areas and travel information centers).
- The parking element shall maintain parking lot information including static information such as hours of operation, rates, location, entrance locations, capacity, type, and constraints; as well as dynamic information such as current state of the lot, occupancy, arrival rates, and departure rates.
- The parking element shall share information with a traffic management center to identify queues at entrances, exits that should be used, and other information that supports coordinated local traffic control in and around the parking facility.
- The parking element shall manage local dynamic message signs that display messages to travelers such as the parking lot state, number of spaces available, location of entrances, and current charges.
- The parking element shall provide the capability to detect, count, and classify vehicles at entrances, exits, and designated locations within a parking facility.
- The parking element shall manage the parking lot charges, considering such factors as location, vehicle types, and times of day.
- The parking element shall process the financial requests and manage an interface to a Financial Institution.
- The parking element shall support the payment of parking lot transactions using data provided by the traveler cards / payment instruments.
- The parking element shall support requests for parking reservations.
- The center shall receive information pertaining to a wide-area alert such as weather alerts, disaster situations, or child abductions. This information may come from Emergency Management or from other Alerting and Advisory Systems.
- The center shall coordinate the response to security incidents involving transit with other agencies including Emergency Management, other transit agencies, media, traffic management, and traveler information service providers.