VDOT ADMS - Inventory Element
This element represents the Archived Data Management System (ADMS) that stores traffic operations-related data for transportation applications such as planning and mobility performance measurement. ADMS archived data allows for improvement of operational effectiveness, and decision support. ADMS is the place where much of the research of the Smart Travel Laboratory (STL) is implemented as well as the place that people can go to access the data resources of the STL.
Stakeholder: VDOT Central Office
Systems Interconnected with VDOT ADMS
- Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC)
- Research and Data Collection Centers
- VDOT Arlington SSP Vehicles
- VDOT NRO MPSTOC - Signal Center
Information Flow Diagrams which include VDOT ADMS:
- VDOT ADMS Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC)
- VDOT ADMS Research and Data Collection Centers
- VDOT ADMS VDOT Arlington SSP Vehicles
- VDOT ADMS VDOT NRO MPSTOC - Signal Center
Information Flows to/from VDOT ADMS:VDOT ADMS Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC)
National ITS Architecture Subsystems mapped to VDOT ADMS:
National ITS Architecture Market Packages associated with VDOT ADMS:
- AD1 - ITS Data Mart -- (Graphic)
- ATMS09 - Traffic Decision Support and Demand Management -- (Graphic)
National ITS Architecture Functional Requirements associated with VDOT ADMS:ITS Data Repository
- The center shall collect data to be archived from one or more data sources.
- The center shall collect data catalogs from one or more data sources. A catalog describes the data contained in the collection of archived data and may include descriptions of the schema or structure of the data, a description of the contents of the data; e.g., time range of entries, number of entries; or a sample of the data (e. g. a thumbnail).
- The center shall store the archived data in a focused repository that is suited to a particular set of ITS data users.
- The center shall include capabilities for performing quality checks on the incoming archived data.
- The center shall include capabilities for error notification on the incoming archived data.
- The center shall include capabilities for archive to archive coordination.
- The center shall support a broad range of archived data management implementations, ranging from simple data marts that collect a focused set of data and serve a particular user community to large-scale data warehouses that collect, integrate, and summarize transportation data from multiple sources and serve a broad array of users within a region.
- The center shall perform quality checks on received data.
- The center shall provide the capability to execute methods on the incoming data such as cleansing, summarizations, aggregations, or transformations applied to the data before it is stored in the archive.
- The center shall provide data from an ITS archive to federal, state, or local government reporting systems.
- The center shall provide the capability to select data from an ITS archive for use in government reports.
- The center shall provide the capability to format data from an ITS archive suitable for input into government reports.
- The center shall provide the applicable meta-data for any ITS archived data to satisfy government reporting system requests. Meta-data may include attributes that describe the source and quality of the data and the conditions surrounding the collection of the data.